Aisha Jumwa Body-Shamed Me in Front of Ruto, Wangui Ngirici Says After Ditching UDA

KenyanList

Kirinyaga Woman Representative Wangui Ngirici says she cannot return to the United Democratic Alliance (UDA) party due to the humiliation she was subjected to.

Ngirici ditched the Deputy President William Ruto-led political outfit last month, saying she will contest for the Kirinyaga governor seat on an independent ticket.

She claims that the likes of Malindi MP Aisha Jumwa body-shamed her in front of Ruto during her time at UDA but the deputy president did nothing about it.

“I was humiliated and body-shamed by the likes of Aisha Jumwa but Ruto never uttered a word. For this reason, I can never go back to UDA even if I was given a direct ticket,” Ngirici told The Standard.

She added: “At one time I was insulted in the TangaTanga WhatsApp group where Ruto is. My husband too was dragged into it and called names but he was not in the group to defend himself.”

Ngirici, a Ruto defender-turned-critic, further alleged that many other leaders have been mistreated in the UDA party and will soon be leaving.

“From North Eastern to Mt. Kenya region, I am in communication with leaders who have informed me they are waiting for the opportune time to move out of the party,” said Ngirici.

Last month, the woman representative claimed there were attempts by senior UDA officials to compel her to drop her bid for the Kirinyaga gubernatorial seat in favor of incumbent Ann Waiguru and instead vie for the Mwea parliamentary seat.

Ngirici stated that she was convinced that UDA nominations would not be free and fair given that top officials have preferred candidates.

“If they are telling you to vie for Mwea seat, do you think there will be fair nominations? They received over Sh200 million from local politicians to buy nomination tickets, do you think there will be a fair nomination? I better give you the money instead of buying a UDA ticket,” Ngirici said during a function in Mwea.