• How Credits (KCr.) are Awarded.

Simply share and discuss to earn more credits which can be claimed as airtime or cash through Mpesa.

Click here to see activities that help you earn credits.

Happy Listing!

Mt Kenya Aspirants Who Don’t Campaign for Raila to be Denied Funding

Currently reading:
Mt Kenya Aspirants Who Don’t Campaign for Raila to be Denied Funding

KenyanList

1651718923082.png

Azimio La Umoja-One Kenya coalition presidential flagbearer Raila Odinga has promised to finance aspirants in the Mt Kenya region who drum up support for his State House bid.

A meeting between Odinga and Mt Kenya Azimio-allied leaders at Thika Greens Hotel on Wednesday resolved that only aspirants who declare support for the ODM party leader will be bankrolled by the coalition.

This is after it emerged that some candidates eyeing various political seats in the region under the ruling Jubilee Party were shying away from campaigning for Odinga, who is giving his fifth stab at the presidency.

"We want foot soldiers who are brave and optimistic. In Mt Kenya, we know it might be tougher than in other areas. But keep the faith and remain committed to the cause. We have other fronts that are performing very well in this war and I guarantee you that we are winning," Odinga said during the meeting as quoted by Nation.

"Those who have shown commitment will get lots of ammo (funding) from me. Do not have any doubts about that. I have since directed that we get ward, constituency and county campaign committees and sync them with the presidential campaign secretariat that has former Jubilee Party secretary-general Raphael Tuju as the executive director," he added.

Odinga, 77, is keen to make inroads into the vote-rich region where his competitor Deputy President William Ruto enjoys a lot of support.