• How Credits (KCr.) are Awarded.

Simply share and discuss to earn more credits which can be claimed as airtime or cash through Mpesa.

Click here to see activities that help you earn credits.

Happy Listing!

Kiambu Woman Rep. Aspirant Anne Wamuratha Apologizes for Throwing Cake to a Crowd

Currently reading:
Kiambu Woman Rep. Aspirant Anne Wamuratha Apologizes for Throwing Cake to a Crowd

KenyanList

1651719223033.png

Kiambu Woman Representative aspirant Anne Wamuratha has apologized for throwing pieces of cake to a crowd during a past event.

This comes after a video showing her tossing cake pieces from the podium to a group of people went viral online, sparking outrage.

Kenyans on social media took offense with the manner in which the marriage counselor distributed the cake, with some saying she acted as if she was “feeding chicken.”

Through social media on Wednesday, Wamuratha said she regrets the manner in which she distributed the cake and pleaded with Kenyans to forgive her.

“I wish to confirm that I am the one captured in the viral video throwing pieces of cake to a group of people who had gathered at the Ruiru Stadium for an event on November 7th, 2021,” she on her Facebook page.

“I was the cake matron of the day and erred in crowd control and appropriately sharing the cake.”

Wamuratha, who is vying for the Kiambu Woman Representative seat on a United Democratic Alliance (UDA) party ticket, promised to “bake a bigger cake of opportunities” if elected on August 9th.

“If I would turn back the clock, I would distribute the cake differently. I am a mother and a wife determined to bake a larger cake of opportunities for the people of Kiambu and serve them diligently as their woman representative,” she said.

“I sincerely apologise and accept my mistake; it will never happen again.”