• How Credits (KCr.) are Awarded.

Simply share and discuss to earn more credits which can be claimed as airtime or cash through Mpesa.

Click here to see activities that help you earn credits.

Happy Listing!

Kanu Endorses Kalonzo Musyoka as Raila’s Running Mate

Currently reading:
Kanu Endorses Kalonzo Musyoka as Raila’s Running Mate

KenyanList

1651781442717.png

Kenya African National Union (Kanu) party has endorsed Wiper leader Kalonzo Musyoka for the presidential running mate post.

The Senator Gideon Moi-led party says Musyoka is the most suitable running mate candidate for the Azimio la Umoja-One Kenya coalition presidential flagbearer Raila Odinga.

“It is our considered opinion and strongly believe that Stephen Kalonzo Musyoka fits the bill and is the most suitable individual to deputize Raila Amollo Odinga,” Moi said in a letter to the coalition’s running mate selection panel on Thursday.

“It is our sincere hope that this panel will consider and find him appropriate for the position of Deputy President and consequently recommend his selection as such.”

This comes after the seven-member selection panel gave the coalition’s 26 affiliate parties until May 5th to nominate their preferred running mate candidates for consideration.

The panel is expected to conclude the vetting and selection process by May 10th, after which Odinga will name the successful candidate as his running mate in the August 9th elections.

Musyoka, who shelved his presidential bid in favor of Odinga, has insisted he will not appear before the panel for vetting, arguing that he is the most suitable deputy president nominee in the coalition.

"I want to tell all Kenyans that I will not attend the said process. I find the entire thing demeaning to my person and will therefore distance myself from it," Musyoka was quoted by The Standard as saying.

The Independent Electoral and Boundaries Commission (IEBC) set May 16th as the deadline for presidential candidates to submit the names of their running mates.