Jubilee Party Responds to Reports of Raphael Tuju's Admission to ICU

The Jubilee Party has dismissed reports that Raphael Tuju, the party's secretary-general, is admitted to the Intensive Care Unit (ICU).

Through its communication director Albert Mwemusi, the party termed the reports doing rounds on social media as baseless.

“These are baseless reports based on unfounded rumors,” Mwemusi told the media.

The reports alleged that Tuju, who is also a Cabinet Secretary without a portfolio, was admitted to the Karen Hospital’s ICU, prompting some online users to wish him a quick recovery.

Tuju was in February this year involved in a grisly road accident along the Nairobi-Nakuru Highway.

He was traveling to Kabarak for the burial of retired President Daniel Arap Moi when his car collided head-on with a public service vehicle.

Tuju sustained serious injuries and was rushed to Kijabe Mission Hospital and later airlifted to Nairobi where he was admitted to Karen Hospital for further treatment.

A few days later, he was flown to London, the United Kingdom for specialized treatment. In June, Tuju spoke out against claims that he was in critical condition.

“I am doing very well. The other time they had ‘killed’ me, now if I am in ICU that is a big improvement, from death to ICU I cannot be doing that bad,” Tuju said.