Morning vibe

Deno Sparta

KCr.
It was a sunny day normally as these August afternoons would always be. I am on my way home after a heavy meal of "ugali pork" at Jack's place. Of late pork has turned out to be my favorite dish

Am kicking objects randomly on the road as I walk home silently praying for someone to "lift " me on his motorbike as usual.
My mind suddenly wades to a story I have been told not once by my myriad village urchins

There is this "ghost " girl that appears on the road some metres away from my cottage..mind you my cottage is just some five metres from the road ..

One of my old-timers had told me that her lavender smell would be felt some metres away..another one told me of her glowing skin and a beautiful face that had no measure
Yet another had chipped in that the girl would pass by you ,smile and say no word as she would cat walk up the road

I had gauged their stories and being one who adhere to teachings at the church ,I wasn't ready to fall for a ghost story myself ...But all the stories I had heard about this girl had some similarities..one is that she would always appear at 10 pm,she would always be heading up the road and always wore the same smile and a white garment ..

Today,,I was ready to give a try myself and who knows she might be a real sharp sand and not a ghost ..
I might also find the love of my life after the numerous heartbreaks I had gotten from my previous relationships

I waited till it was 9 pm and started strolling to kabula buying time that when I would be coming back it would be 10 ,the exact time the girl appears ..

At exact 10 pm I was at Kona mbaya(translated as bad corner ) I don't know whence the name came from but I had always heard it since I was a kid
And true it was a Kona mbaya since there used to be accidents there mostly bicycles since that was the only mode of transport we used to have back then ..

People were also hijacked at the same sport. I once remember mum came home panting her sandals in her hands ..
"Nini mbaya ,"I had asked her with the innocence of a child..
She narrated to us how her hair had erected when she was about to reach Kona mbaya an indication that there was danger ..
Being an athlete in her young age she had given the presumed chaser a race that they wouldn't imagine
She did not let us inquire more but strictly warned us not to walk at night past the same spot..but ladies will always be ladies thats what I came to know as I matured into a "brave man."

I had hardly reached the corner to my place when I met this same girl..she was all I had been told. Her face was glowing like the full moon and her white garment shone in the darkness of the night
It surprised me how still I could see her smiling in this pitch dark night

As a fearless lad,
I tried to throw my bait.
I stretched my hand for a hand shake .
She also lent hers but the palm of her hand went through mine and come out on the other end.
I tried to hug her as she stretch all her hands towards me,all I could catch was the air between us,she was there but not tangible

I tried to run but no matter how fast I ran my house was at the same spot but I wouldn't reach it. I could also hear her panting just a few steps behind me ..I let out a scream and woke up,my brother's eyes were wide open with amazement..
"What's up bro you are sweating so much.." he asked me still holding my hands ..
"Nothing , just a dream," I said trying hand to hide my fear

#fiction
@Bronze lion writes