Fast Food (A True Story)

Addi

KCr.
Definition: Fast food is cheap, can be dispensed quickly and disastrous in the long run. Examples include hamburgers, hot dogs, and some human beings.

It is about half past nine at night when I hear a knock on my door. It has to be a lady because the knock is soft. Before I go on, you should know that I am a single guy living in a single room whose only furniture is a bed. I open the door, and Sheila smiles sweetly at me, saying the finals of a big soccer tournament was on, but she had no radio to listen to the commentary, so could she come in? I opened the door.

Sheila is a close, platonic friend. I knew her boyfriends. Yes, boyfriends. I knew who slept at her house, who took her to lunch, and which lecturers were hitting on her. I knew about her child at home, her husband, and other men, including a particular Father, whom I met once. With such knowledge, I knew nothing would transpire between us. Or so I thought.

She jumped on the bed and I closed the door. As I had said, it was night, and people close doors at night. After some small talk, I switched on the radio and opened a novel. Sheila was lying on the bed, and I was sitting on the floor, close to the radio. Those who have heard of the cold in Eldoret know that it is unforgiving, so I was not surprised when Sheila slipped into the blankets. Actually, I didn’t mind because she was used to doing that, even in the presence of others. I put on my jacket, and tried to brave the cold, but quickly discovered that you cannot fight with Mother Nature. I also slipped into bed.

I had no motives in mind, since Sheila was nothing but a friend, and I knew that the fastest way to destroy a friendship was to go physical. I continued reading my novel and enjoying the commentary. By the way, those commentators must be using something. A shot hits the side netting, and they yell GOAAAL!!! Then they apologise after five minutes. I’ve learnt to delay my celebrations. But I wasn’t planning on scoring any goals with Sheila.

Half time came and she put her head on my chest. I let her, thinking all she wanted was a pillow. Big mistake. When she threw her leg over mine, I literally froze. Mentally, physically, everything just stopped. You can only imagine the mental discord I went through. I didn’t know whether to chastise her or let her be. I could not believe that Sheila could desire me that way. In my state of confused immobility, her hand started moving all over my chest. Then it hit me that she was actually serious.

I am a gentleman, so I gently removed her hand and told her to stop her games. She didn’t listen. After a few minutes, Sheila was at it again, this time daring to move her hand to areas south of the equator. I actually hit her hand so hard she yelped. She didn’t listen.

How she managed it, I still do not know, but the next thing I knew, she was sitting on top of me, skirt pulled all the way up to her waist.

That was when I decided enough was more than enough. I shoved her aside and sat up. I know some of you would have rejoiced at this opportunity... Manna straight from somewhere below heaven. But not me. I know my bible. I know it is never too late to turn around and say no to temptations, and I know how sweet the feeling is when you have emerged victorious. It happens in campus so many times, even among Christian Union members, but that is a story for another day. That’s how these freebies came to be known as “chips funga”, or “take aways” or “fast food”. But when the foundations are shaken, it is important to focus our eyes on the prize and run to the end. Sheila later gave a friend of mine an STI. Could have been me, but that’s not something I would want on my medical history...

Definition: Fast food is cheap, can be dispensed quickly and disastrous in the long run. Examples include hamburgers, hot dogs, and some human beings.

It is about half past nine at night when I hear a knock on my door. It has to be a lady because the knock is soft. Before I go on, you should know that I am a single guy living in a single room whose only furniture is a bed. I open the door, and Sheila smiles sweetly at me, saying the finals of a big soccer tournament was on, but she had no radio to listen to the commentary, so could she come in? I opened the door.

Sheila is a close, platonic friend. I knew her boyfriends. Yes, boyfriends. I knew who slept at her house, who took her to lunch, and which lecturers were hitting on her. I knew about her child at home, her husband, and other men, including a particular Father, whom I met once. With such knowledge, I knew nothing would transpire between us. Or so I thought.

She jumped on the bed and I closed the door. As I had said, it was night, and people close doors at night. After some small talk, I switched on the radio and opened a novel. Sheila was lying on the bed, and I was sitting on the floor, close to the radio. Those who have heard of the cold in Eldoret know that it is unforgiving, so I was not surprised when Sheila slipped into the blankets. Actually, I didn’t mind because she was used to doing that, even in the presence of others. I put on my jacket, and tried to brave the cold, but quickly discovered that you cannot fight with Mother Nature. I also slipped into bed.

I had no motives in mind, since Sheila was nothing but a friend, and I knew that the fastest way to destroy a friendship was to go physical. I continued reading my novel and enjoying the commentary. By the way, those commentators must be using something. A shot hits the side netting, and they yell GOAAAL!!! Then they apologise after five minutes. I’ve learnt to delay my celebrations. But I wasn’t planning on scoring any goals with Sheila.

Half time came and she put her head on my chest. I let her, thinking all she wanted was a pillow. Big mistake. When she threw her leg over mine, I literally froze. Mentally, physically, everything just stopped. You can only imagine the mental discord I went through. I didn’t know whether to chastise her or let her be. I could not believe that Sheila could desire me that way. In my state of confused immobility, her hand started moving all over my chest. Then it hit me that she was actually serious.

I am a gentleman, so I gently removed her hand and told her to stop her games. She didn’t listen. After a few minutes, Sheila was at it again, this time daring to move her hand to areas south of the equator. I actually hit her hand so hard she yelped. She didn’t listen.

How she managed it, I still do not know, but the next thing I knew, she was sitting on top of me, skirt pulled all the way up to her waist.

That was when I decided enough was more than enough. I shoved her aside and sat up. I know some of you would have rejoiced at this opportunity... Manna straight from somewhere below heaven. But not me. I know my bible. I know it is never too late to turn around and say no to temptations, and I know how sweet the feeling is when you have emerged victorious. It happens in campus so many times, even among Christian Union members, but that is a story for another day. That’s how these freebies came to be known as “chips funga”, or “take aways” or “fast food”. But when the foundations are shaken, it is important to focus our eyes on the prize and run to the end. Sheila later gave a friend of mine an STI. Could have been me, but that’s not something I would want on my medical history...
😁😁😁