Send to Printer    × Close this
KenyanList.com   ›   Listings   ›  News and Politics
Listing #731 by KenyanList News on 16/09/2020
 
Kenya Government to Roll Out Second Round of Huduma Namba Mass Registration

The government is set to roll out the second round of Huduma Namba mass registration, Interior Principal Secretary Dr. Karanja Kibicho has said.

Appearing before the National Assembly Delegated Legislation Committee on Wednesday, PS Kibicho said the listing exercise will be launched in the coming weeks while the mass production of e-cards will commence in December.

“Everybody will have an opportunity through either the mass registration session two, or themselves walking to the registrar of persons in future if they also miss out because this will be continuous process to eternity,” Kibicho told the Committee.

“All the data of those who took part in Huduma Namba has been merged and cleaned up, we have created a state of the art data center…we had to create both the redundancies and a data center that we would be sure keeps this data safe.”

Kibicho explained that the cards will have an electronic cheap containing all the data of a person and Kenyans will no longer need to carry documents such as national IDs, NHIF, and NSSF cards.

He further indicated that the Huduma Namba program is currently at an adjudication process where fingerprints captured during registration are double-checked to make sure they match the ones in the real database.

The first Huduma Namba mass listing exercise was launched by President Kenyatta in April last year. The government said data of over 37 million Kenyans residing in the country and abroad was captured during 45-day exercise.

In January this year, the High Court in Nairobi paved the way for the government to implement the Huduma Namba program after dismissing a case challenging its legality.