Kenyan Comedian ‘David The Student’ Racially Abused by Lyft Passenger in the US

Kenyan comedian David Kangogo, alias ‘David The Student’, was recently subjected to racial abuse in the US.
The incident happened on Tuesday in Issaquah, Washington after David, who works as a Lyft driver, picked a man and woman outside a local sports grill.
But hell broke loose after David, 30, allegedly requested the man to wear a mask, which is part of the measures Lyft has put in place to prevent the spread of Covid-19.

David pulled over and filmed the man hurling racist abuse towards him. The white man called him the N-word and threatened to 'p*** in his car.'
“You f***ing piece of s**t. You will never drive; you will never drive,” the man shouts at David.
The woman accompanying the man takes out her phone and starts filming the incident. “Joe stop, I'm videoing. Stop, stop. I'm videoing. You stop,” she yells.
David told the media that the first thing that came to his mind was to record the incident as he feared it would be flipped on him.
“For me I was just thinking, get what exactly happened as they are going to flip this thing on me and make it look like I attacked them,” he said.
“So I just pulled over and got out of the car and told them I have canceled the ride, they can go ahead and get another drive,” he added.

The video of the incident has since gone viral online gaining nearly 500,000 views and hundreds of comments.
Following the incident, the man was banned from using Lyft with the company terming his behavior as unacceptable.
“There is no place for discrimination of any sort in the Lyft community, and this behavior is unacceptable.”
“We have permanently removed the rider from the Lyft community and are in touch with the driver to offer our support,” Lyft said in a statement.

Here is a video of the incident: