I'm the Custodian of 'Government Shares' Book - Gachagua

KenyanList

1689299771584.png

Deputy President Rigathi Gachagua has crowned himself the custodian of the "government shares" in President William Ruto's government.

The DP made the statement in reference to the developments that await the counties that voted for Kenya Kwanza during the election period. Gachagua thanked the residents of Tharaka Nithi for their support and promised them rewards. This is not the first time the Deputy President has spoken about the "government shares". In March, Gachagua's comments were met with criticism from Azimio leaders after he likened the national government to a limited company. In his defence, Gachagua said that his words were taken out of context.

"In your government President Ruto, I am the custodian of the book of shares on how people voted for us and I want to confirm to the people of Tharaka Nithi that your shares are very good and you must get development," Gachagua said while in Tharaka Nithi.

Opposition leader Raila Odinga also criticized him, terming his remarks reckless and divisive. Gachagua also spoke about the violence that occurred during Wednesday's demonstrations. He said that the police officers should not be blamed for their actions as they reacted when they saw the destruction of property and violent behaviour by rowdy protesters. The Wednesday protests ended tragically with nine people killed and several others injured, while 600 were arrested nationwide. The demonstrators were met with brutal force as they engaged the police in running battles.

"This government is a shares company. It has the owners who have majority shares, those with minority shares and those that don't have any shares. You invested in this company owned by William Ruto and Rigathi Gachagua you must harvest. You invested and your time to harvest is now. Even if they (the opposition) will harvest but they have to wait for you to finish harvesting."Gachagua said.

Courtesy: Mwakilishi.com